I feel like April marks a news chapter for just about everyone. Whether it is a summer break, a new job, or the start of a new grade in school this time of year marks a turning point. For me, I just graduated from Pepperdine University and am beginning my career as an anchor, reporter, and TV Host. I am thrilled, excited, and nervous all at the same time!
This time of year, or point in life, it seems as if there are a lot of variables you cannot control. You truly have to trust God with your future and know that He has the best plan in mind. That being said, I think no matter what new chapter you are facing at this time in April there are a few things you can control.
Take control of the new chapter in life!
- Make a list of to-dos. Literally write-out everything you want to accomplish in this next chapter of life. Then, make a step list of how you are going to accomplish all of those steps. Cross them off after you finish them- I do this with literally every goal in my life and it keeps me on track and disciplined
- This new chapter requires all of you to fully grow and become the “New and Improved You” in the future. This includes all aspects of life:
~Don’t become too focused on your career and climbing the ladder, to a point where you forget the important relationships in your life. You don’t want to look back 20 years from now and realize that you sacrificed too many relationships and memories for a job.
- Take Risks!!!! You’ll be glad you did in the end. If it works out- Great! If not, it’s ok- you didn’t have that option or experience to begin with! And –You can always learn BEST from experience… plus, you end up with a great new story to entertain people with.
- Keep your priorities in line- jobs, money and status don’t go with you to heaven. Relationships do. Focus on the eternal.
- In the end remember Jeremiah 29:11 and Romans 8::28
B’s “Try This!”
MY NEW FAVORITE NAIL COLOR:
New Company called CND- Its the color Gold Chrome. I can never find a gold, that is “gold” enough- but this definitely hit the jackpot for me! Try it out! Goes with every bright color for summer!